Monday, December 20, 2010

Just dropping by....


I'm trying to keep my head above water during the hustle and bustle of this season - and not succeeding very well. Every year I tell myself that I won't take on as much, won't overcommit myself. But I do. It's hard to say no to things you enjoy, isn't it? Especially when it's making things. I made these lovelies for the WV Living Marketplace in Morgantown, WV. (If you happen to be near there, it's in the Seneca Center downtown).  


I have a few of these old rulers hanging around and I can't wait to show you what I did with them for my Christmas shelf! I plan on taking pictures tomorrow and uploading them - so I'll share them here soon. Before Easter, I hope. 


The embroidered snowflake and Christmas tree were made from felted sweaters - there's something about the texture of felted wool that I just love! It's so versatile. I especially love checking out what Betz White is up to - she is just phenomenal. Tons of good project ideas on her site. 


That's all I've got tonight, friends. I have a nasty cold and a lot of sewing to go before I hit the flannel sheets. I hope you're all have a wonderful week and wrapping up your shopping! :) 


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Stephanie, I love the small details you add. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Stephanie, those are all just beautiful and so unique! I wish I could be so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely!
    I hope your holidays have been merry!
    Xo,
    E&J

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that pillow! Your style fits my home perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stephanie! Just wanted to let you know that you won the giveaway you entered on my blog! I'd love to get in touch with you!

    You can email me at pthorsley@comcast.net

    Happy Monday!

    Tasha
    www.tashahorsley.typepad.com
    A Little Sweetness

    ReplyDelete