Monday, June 16, 2008

Jackpot!


So we finally had some successful yard sale-ing this past Saturday. There was a craft and quilt sale advertised so I wanted to have a look. It was a few older ladies selling crafts and smaller quilts, but they were also selling things that they couldn't use, like trims and buttons. My eyes just about popped out of my head when I saw the basketfuls of zippers, trims, buttons, and laces. And guess how much they were charging?! 5 or 10 CENTS!! I felt so guilty, almost like I was stealing. That obviously didn't keep me from buying tons, though!



Almost every single package of trim was still sealed, and I also got 10 zippers. What a score! It just made my day. I also found some awesome vintage chenille in red and green - I can't wait to use it for Christmas decorating.

We also stopped by a rummage sale at the big Catholic church downtown. I picked up a vintage chenille bedspread ($3!) and an old apron/smock thing (25 cents!).

Look at this trim card - I love the font! And the name....how cool is that? I'm pretty sure that I've used up all my yard sale luck for the summer. I would really love to find some old quilts though. Fingers crossed!



11 comments:

  1. I loooove a good find, even when it's not mine! :) FABulous deals! I hope your luck continues for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and the chenille bedspread--WOW!!!! What a steal, that's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have been looking for a chenille bedspread!!! i have hit a few of those kind of yard sales. come to think of it, i ned to find another one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree...that sale was awesome for you! LOVE the apron and the font is super cool for that trim, very unique.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and checking out my first serger piece made. I cheated when threading the first time because a pro told me to do this. Clip the current thread by the spool, remove the old spool add the new spool on than tie a knot attaching the old thread (already in the machine) to the new thread you want. Now just hand turn until the new thread is through the threader. It worked pretty slick for me as a beginner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite is the apron, so colorful...yay! You really made a haul!!! Know you will have fun putting it all to good use.

    Char

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yay! It looks like you scored some seriously awesome goodies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha...stealing? That made me giggle. Did you run away real fast after you paid for them? tee! Awesome finds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Steph. looks like fun stuff! :)

    Could you email me? I have a sewing question. I am making Sugar another bandana dress, and I am curious about how you do your initial tees...and how they look after a few washings.

    I look forward to hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow! I keep hoping that the thrifting gods will send some trims like yours my way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm so jealous of that rickrack in the bottom picture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, jealousy consuming me!

    ReplyDelete