Saturday, July 7, 2007

The only way I can get my husband to go to yard sales . . .


Yes, he is taking a FULL POT of coffee and an entire container of creamer with him. In the car. Crazy man.

Let me just say how much I love my husband - we spent 2 1/2 hours driving around this morning in search of good yard & estate sales. We had absolutely no success but it was just the best morning! We drove around South Hills, oohing and aahing at all the beautiful homes, drinking coffee, and listening to Delaney talk to herself.


Then we had a nutritionally-complete breakfast at McDonald's and explored Kanawha City. Again, no luck on the yard-sale-ing front but we sang, pointed out cranes, trucks, balloons, butterflies, & hot tubs (my child has a strange fascination with hot tubs - go figure).


Who would have thought that we could have so much fun driving around in circles for a couple of hours?! I highly recommend it - pick a sunny day, roll your windows down, pack some snacks, and listen to your kids.








8 comments:

  1. I love driving around like that! Nolan and I used to do it all the time pre-Max. I don't think he's tolerate it well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! We have been looking at houses a lot lately... it is so cute to hear this from the back seat:
    house....house....house....house....SLIDE!....house...house (yeah, we passed a park or two!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an absolutely blissful morning to me! :)n

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pot of coffee and creamer is hillarious! A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do I suppose!! I remember garage sale-ing like that as a kid. It was alwyas so much fun. Your kids will always remember it! Around here, we have to wait until March-April to find mornings in the 70's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fum! I love the whole pot of coffee going into the car!

    ReplyDelete